The trial (and maybe tribulation) of a simple sheep farmer trying out cell grazing in a field that lots of people can see. I know very little but what I do know is that cell grazing has the potential to increase my grass yield by at least 50% and may be even double it. My rent is around 30% of my cash output from my sheep enterprise ... if I can double the output, effectively halving the cost, its a significant step forward. Its worth a try!

Sunday 22 May 2011

The Battle of Bypass Bridge ...


Bought 102 mule ewe hoggs on Wednesday to add to the cell grazing.  I hate them already.  They are so wooly they laugh in the face of 3 strands of electric wire.  They are impossible to contain.  After almost crying and swearing loudly ... a lot, they are now contained in a half hectare block with the others surrounded by 5 wires.  I hope they learn to respect electricity and then I can go back to the 3 strand method.
Its another reason why wool shedding sheep are brilliant. 


No comments:

Post a Comment