The trial (and maybe tribulation) of a simple sheep farmer trying out cell grazing in a field that lots of people can see. I know very little but what I do know is that cell grazing has the potential to increase my grass yield by at least 50% and may be even double it. My rent is around 30% of my cash output from my sheep enterprise ... if I can double the output, effectively halving the cost, its a significant step forward. Its worth a try!

Friday 13 May 2011

Danger, Danger - High Voltage ...


Its 9.30 at night.  Day light is all but gone.  The running of the hoggs has just taken place, through woods, over the motorway, through more woods.
I had put up the electric fence in a perfect straight line a few hours before.  It looked beautiful. I didn’t turn it on.  This mistake will not be made again.  The sheep broke it twice and it was 11.30 in the pitch black before I left the field.


Lesson 1: electric fence should actually be electric.

No comments:

Post a Comment